Beach-goers in County Wicklow have been urged to take extra care over the Easter weekend to avoid causing damage through fires.
Last weekend a huge fire took hold at Tramore beach, damaging ten hectares of wildlife habitat in a designated area of scientific interest. Nesting birds and other wildlife were seriously impacted by the blaze.
It is believed that a discarded cigarette butt may been responsible for the blaze.
The public is being advised not to hold barbecues in areas where grass or brush is growing at to always ensure that camp fires or barbecues are extinguished.