Carnew Emmets lotto Draw Results 7th December
Numbers drawn 1, 10, 20, 22. There was No Jackpot Winner.
4 lucky Dip prizes €50-00 each. Peter Hughes, C/O Paddy Keogh. Paddy Lancaster, New Line. Shane Doyle, Kilcavan.
Mick Penston, C/O Jimmy Barnes. Next Draw; Carnew Emmets Christmas Lotto Draw will Take place in McCreas Lounge, Carnew, On Monday December 21st, 2015.
TINAHELY WALKING CLUB
On Sunday Dec 20 the walk will is designated as a mince pie walk (yummy) and will happen at Stookeen Shillelagh (Grade C, 10km 2.5 hours) meeting in Tinahely at 10.30.
On Sunday Dec 27 the walk will be at Ballycumber (Grade B, 12km 3 hours) meeting in Tinahely at 10.30.
Please ensure to wear proper walking boots, to bring adequate food & drink and to pack (or wear) rain gear.
CERMONY OF LIGHT
The Hope Cancer Support Centre cordially invites you to attend a ‘Ceremony of Light’ to celebrate the Winter Solstice in the Irish National Heritage Park, Wexford on December 21st 2015 at 7.30pm
The 21st of December is the shortest day of the year. This is the day when sunlight is at a minimum and the ceremony of light is about bringing light into darkness. It signifies bringing hope into people’s lives. Darkness cannot survive where there is light.
The ceremony will begin in darkness and the participants will witness how the lighting of one candle can dissolve all darkness.
In order to participate you will need to bring the following:
- A candle in a holder (one that you can comfortably hold in your hand and no candle grease can drip on the floor)
- Letting go:
- Write a short description of something you would like to let go of e.g. a bad habit or negative thoughts you would like to let go of forever, your note will be placed in an open fire as part of the letting go ceremony
- A Wish for yourself
- Think of a personal wish you have for yourself. Bring along a Christmas tree decoration (bauble) which will be placed on our ‘Tree of Light’ to represent your wish for yourself. We will decorate our “tree of light” with everyone’s wishes.
- A Wish for another person
- Bring along a ribbon to place on our “tree of light” to signify a wish you have for another person. This will remain on the ‘Tree of Light’. (Ribbons will be available for a small donation on the night)
Over the Christmas period the ‘Tree of Light’ will remain in the Heritage Park. Ribbons will be available until the end of January for a small donation in support of the Hope Cancer Support Centre.
GOAL Mile – New Year’s Day 2016 in TinahelyA GOAL Mile will take place on New Year’s Day 2016 at 12 noon in Tinahely. This is a national event open to runners and non-runners to help raise funds for GOAL’s work globally. The start & finish will be Murphy’s Hotel. Donations will be accepted on the day. Suggested donations: €5 per person €10 per family or whatever you can afford. All proceeds will go to Goal. For further details find us on FaceBook / contact Hugh on 0876207193 / go to https://www.goalglobal.org/
Congratulations to Marie O’Riordan, Carnew N.S and Philip McGovern, Gorey on their engagement.
SPILT THE POT
Scoil Aodan Naofa Carnew N.S have launched their special fundraiser called “Split the Pot”, a weekly draw will take place in the school each Friday and the winning ticket will receive half of that weeks takings, that is, the pot will be split with the winner.
Special bumper Christmas draw on Friday 18th December will also include hamper as well as the main prize, tickets only €2 each available from the school or in local shops ands business. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Our Christmas Carol service will take place on Thursday 16th December at 7.15pm in the Church od the Most Holy Rosary, Carnew , all welcome.
Congratulations to Mick and Shelia Kelly, Monasootha on the birth of their son.
Sincere sympathy is extended to Roisin O’Toole, Tombrean her family and relatives on the death of her mother during the week.