Does the idea of getting physical while helping others to drastically improve their lives appeal to you? If you want to turn your interest in fitness and health into a career as a personal trainer, this course will provide you with all of the necessary skills in order to pursue your dream. Course content includes health promotion, sports psychology, sports nutrition, and much more.
QQI Level 5 Award in Sport & Recreation:
- ITEC Diploma in Fitness Instruction;
- Life Guard Certificate;
- ITEC Certificate in Exercise to Music.
Duration: One Year
Location: Bray Institute of Further Education
Programme of Study
- Sport and Recreation Studies;
- Exercise and Fitness;
- Leisure Facilities Administration;
- Work Experience;
- Safety and Health at Work;
- Leisure Facility Operations.
- Unit 400 Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise;
- Unit 401 Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment;
- Unit 402 Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health;
- Unit 403 Know How To Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise & Physical Activity;
- Unit 404 Planning Gym-Based Exercise;
- Unit 405 Instructing Gym-Based Exercise;
- Unit 406 Planning Group Exercise To Music;
- Unit 407 Instructing Group Exercise To Music.
Royal Life Saving Society
- Life Guarding.
Components subject to change.
Entry Requirements: Leaving Certificate or Equivalent. Leaving Certificate Applied with a Merit Profile. Full QQI Level 4 with a Merit Profile. Mature Applicants – Experience will be Considered in Lieu of Formal Qualifications. Places are Offered Following Successful Interview. Garda Vetting is Necessary Prior to Work Experience Placement.
Why not take those first steps now? Call Bray Institute of Further Education on 085 745 9943 for more information on enrolling and starting your new career.