by Emma Conway
I don’t know about you, but every year I have the same problem. What do I get my mum for Mother’s Day? Over the years I’ve found that the simple, thoughtful things that we usually take for granted work well as gifts. To help you get inspiration for this Mother’s Day, here is a list of things you could do around Wicklow with your mum!
If your mum is quite busy but likes to take time out to relax, a picnic could be the thing to do with her this Mother’s Day. There are so many beautiful places to go in Wicklow that are quiet and scenic, like the Kilmacurragh Botanical Gardens, Glendalough or the Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall.
So, pack a basket with all her favorite snacks and head off for some quality time, she’ll appreciate not having to cook for herself, even if it is just for one afternoon!
Take her to a nice café or restaurant and have some fabulous food. Below are three local recommendations:
- The Parkview Hotel have an amazing Mother’s Day menu, with a full three course meal for only €25pp.
- Avoca at Mount Usher Gardens in Ashford have a beautiful menu, a gorgeous location and a relaxing atmosphere.
- The Happy Pear in Greystones has a hearty menu which is tasty and exciting. All the food is natural and cooked on site.
3. Afternoon tea
Why not treat your mother to a breakfast in bed, and then spoil her with afternoon tea. Here are a handful of the places you could go for a delightful afternoon tea experience:
- Tinakilly House is elegant and dainty, and at €18pp this is a good spot for some delicate sandwiches and fresh luscious cream cakes.
- Hunters Hotel is a scenic place and is surrounded by nature and for only €15pp is a steal for the fantastic service and quality provided.
- Druids Glen Hotel offer afternoon tea for €29 each. Why not visit this luxurious setting for delicious sandwiches, scones and desserts.
4. Spa Day
Got a mum who’s constantly running around or working? A spa day could be the ideal gift. Here are some unbelievable spa deals in Wicklow:
- The Rainforest Salon + Wellness spa near Eniskerry has a Mother’s Day package for just €85. This includes one hours use of their wellness space and robe rental, a Swedish back massage, a mini facial and a hand file + polish.
- The Wells Spa has a ‘Harmony’ day package for €175pp. This includes a BABOR Body Exfoliation, a Swedish Back Massage, a BABOR ReVersive Facial and a Light Organic Lunch.
- Powercourt ESPA offer a relaxing ‘Memorable Moments’ package. With this you get two hours of treatment time, and you can Select two of the following ESPA treatments: Personalized Facial, Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Body Wrap or a Luxury Spa Pedicure. They also provide lunch in their luxurious Spa Café.
Try Something New and wild
Has your mum been stuck in a routine in work or at home? Or does she actively enjoy trying new things? A day of adventure could be exactly what she needs! Here are some thrilling and fun activities you could spend the day doing together:
- Try horseriding in Hollywood. Ride horses through the stunning Wicklow Mountains, for 90 mins at €40 or half a day for €80. http://www.hollywoodtrekkingcentre.com/
- For the real extreme, why not go head-to-head with her in a round of paintball for €30pp. This includes equipment and 300 paintballs, and is located in Bray. www.paintballgames.ie