Sincere sympathy is extended to the family and relatives of Emily Twamley, Rosnastraw nee Langrell, who died recently.
To the family and relatives of Jimmy Behan, Myshall who died recently.
To the family and relatives of Austin O’Toole, Kildare and formely of Carnew who died during the week.
Congratulations to Raymond and Avril Lancaster, Ballyconran on the birth of their daughter.
SPLIT THE POT
The winner of Scoil Aodan Naofa Carnew Split the Pot of 16th was Sabrina Kavanagh winning €288, tickets only €2 from the school or local shops. Thanks to everyone for their support to date.
Shillelagh Area Community Games – Athletics training 2018 for ages 5-15 commences on Thurs 29th March from 6:30-7:30pm on Shillelagh GAA pitch and continues every Tue & Thurs until August. Events include: 60m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 600m,1500m, relays, hurdles, long-jump, shot-putt and javelin. Registration fees are €5 per athlete. New members are warmly welcomed. For further details contact: 0876207193 or find us on FB as Shillelagh Comm-Games.
Coaches Wanted – Shillelagh Area Community Games are looking for track and field coaches from April to Aug. If you are interested, or you know somebody who might, please contact 0876207193 for details.
Katie McEvoy, Ballingate would like to thank all those who wished her well on her 30th birthday.Katie donated the proceeds from her birthday to her unit Saoirse(St. Aidan’s Gorey)A total of €1400 was raised.
TINAHELY WALKING CLUB
On Sunday April 1st Easter Sunday, there will be no club walk.
On April 8 the walk is Aughavannagh/Moyne, part of the Wicklow Way, Grade B, 12k, 3 hours. Meeting in Tinahely at 10.00. Please ensure to wear proper walking boots, to bring adequate food & drink and to pack (or wear) rain gear.
Holy Week – Confessions
Carnew: After Masses on Passion/Palm Sunday
Monday 26th March 7p.m. to 8p.m.
Holy Thursday – 7p.m. to 7-20p.m.
Good Friday – 12 noon to 1p.m.
Good Friday – after Ceremonies
Tomacork: After Mass on Passion/Palm Sunday
After Holy Thursday Ceremonies.
Holy Week – Ceremonies
Carnew: Holy Thursday – Lord’s Supper (Mass) 7-30p.m.
Good Friday – Lord’s Passion – 3p.m.
Good Friday – Stations of the Cross 7-30p.m.
Holy Saturday – Easter Vigil – 7p.m. (Please note the earlier time)
Tomacork: Holy Thursday – Lord’s Supper (Mass) 8-30p.m.
Good Friday – Lord’s Passion -1-30p.m.
Holy Saturday – Easter Vigil – 8-30p.m.
“Split the Pot”
The Winner of this weeks “Split the Pot” is Joan O’Neill, Ballytarsna winning €191. Congratulations Joan .
We thank everyone for supporting “Split the Pot”. Envelopes can be obtained from the School or any Parent and from Ashling Walsh after weekend Masses in Askamore Church..Draws will take place every Friday morning in Ballyellis School.
All Ireland Confined Drama Finals – Carnew – 2018
The excitement is building, as the South Wicklow Drama Festival Committee continues to prepare for the 2018 Bostik All Ireland Confined Drama Finals which are being hosted in Carnewunder the auspices of the ADCI. in St. Brigid’s Hall, Carnew from the Friday the 13th to Saturday 21st of April, 2018.
The Finalists of the 2018 Confined Drama finalists will be known when the Festival Circuit is completed and the draw for line will take place on Saturday next the 31st of March, following which the line up will be announced.
Fringe Events and pre All Ireland Schedule:
To ensure that the town of Carnew will have a Festive feel throughout the week, an exciting calendar of fringe events are being organised in the area in association with the festival to help make it a special week for both visitors from around the country and for the local community. So please do, if you find you can’t come to any of the plays, please do come along to some of the Fringe events.
- Monday 3rd April: Booking opens to public. Phone 087 698 5275
- 11am – 12.30 pm and 13.30 – 16.30 (No text messages please)
- Saturday 7th April: Opening of Carnew Community Art Exhibition in Carnew Community Care at 8pm. Art Exhibition will run until Saturday 21st April.
- Friday 13th – Saturday 21st April: 4pm – 7pm Art Exhibitions in Carnew Community Care and in Roberts’ Garage Adjacent to St. Brigid’s Hall
- Friday 13th – Saturday 21st April: Photographic Exhibition by local GP Damien Doyle, in Carnew Training and Development Centre (opposite the Hall)
- Friday 13th – Official Opening of All Ireland Confined Drama by local born, Loughlin Deegan, Director of The Lir, National Academy of Dramatic Art at Trinity College at 8pmfollowed by the first play of the week.
- Saturday 14th April: Guided walk in Tomnafinogue Woods at 12.30 pm. To book: 087 9323990
- Saturday 14th April: Demonstration “Create a look for Stage” (Character – Eliza Doolittle) Hair, Makeup and Costume. Demonstration by renowned Hair
Stylist and Make-up Artist, Marion O’Toole at 3.30 pm To book 087 9323990
- Sunday 15th of April from 1.30 – 5pm Coollattin House – afternoon tea and music in the charming, Coollattin House. Both locals and visitors will also have the opportunity to view a craft exhibition and to take a tour of the house. Afternoon Tea: €7.50 Tour: €5.00. House tours can also be organised by prior arrangement during the week of the Festival. Prosecco will also be available. Booking essential: 087-968 7606.
- Wednesday 18th April: Carnew Library will host an afternoon of poetry at 2.30 pm, with Jim Kirwan, Ettie Kilbride, Jacqui Mulholland, PJ Arthur and other local artists.
- Thursday 19th April: Carnew TDC – A talk by Dr. Nicholas Bielenberg. A unique opportunity to hear about his early life and his family’s experiences living in Germany at the beginning of the 2nd World War. Booking: 087 9323990
- Friday 20th April: A golf outing in Coollattin Golf Club. First tea time 9.45 am This will be a fun four ball scramble for golfers of all standards. To book a tea time phone 087 9323990. (Green fees: €20.00)
- Friday 20th April: Imagine This – A collection of drama through movement by MAD Drama School, Arklow at 7.00 pm in Coláiste Bhríde, Carnew.
- Saturday 20th April: Guided walk in Tomnafinogue Woods at 12.30 pm. Booking 087 9323990
- 21st April: Artisan Craft Fair adjacent to St. Brigid’s Hall from 10 am to 4pm
Local Produce and Crafts including: Home made Jams & Chutneys, Bread and Cakes. Garden Ornaments, Flowers, Hand Knits, Jewellery and Wood Turned items and more. Tea and coffee will also available.
For enquiries on any of the above events, phone 087 9323990.