The May bank holiday will see an increase in hill-walking activity and visitors throughout the county.
The Gardaí are appealing to people parking in the uplands to take the following measures to protect their vehicles:
- Avoid leaving bags, clothing etc on view within the vehicle;
- Open the glove box, and where possible, the lid on the boot, to show there is nothing in the vehicle;
- Remove portable sat navs and dash cams including cradle and suction pads; also wipe any suction marks off the windscreen;
- If you must leave valuables in the boot, put them in before you arrive at the parking location;
- Secure the vehicle;
- Report all break-ins or damage to vehicles;
- Watch for, and report, suspicious any activity by dialling 999.