Christmas in Bray will sparkle into life on Saturday next (Nov 24th) when the town’s colourful festive lights are switched on.
The event is part of a Christmas marketing campaign launched by the Bray Municipal District, Bray Chamber of Commerce and Bray.ie in an effort to encourage locals to spend their hard-earned euros in their own locality.
Bray will be packed full of incredible experiences not to be found anywhere else this festive season: from watching Christmas Movies at The Mermaid, visiting Santa at Killruddery, exploring the Boutique Christmas Market to catching Candlelight Concerts.
Locals and visitors can pick up a gift at Bray Town Centre or simply enjoy some festive cheer at one of the many pubs, clubs and restaurants throughout the town as well as availing of free parking in Council-owned carparks at weekends in December.
Cllr Pat Vance, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District, said, “Local retailers are one of the pillars of our local economy and they really deserve our support. For every €1 you spend with a local independent business, between 50c-70c circulates back into your local economy, while shopping online or out-of-town sees only 5c trickle back. So, with free parking at weekend it makes perfect sense for everyone to shop local this year.”
Some event highlights this Christmas include:
- Bray Town Centre’s Christmas Lights Switch On – Saturday, November 24th, from 4:30 pm at the Bray Civic Centre
- Christmas Movies at Mermaid from December 15th:
- Junior and Youth Musicals present their Christmas show “Sparklejollytwinklejingley”, – December 9th
- Performers Theatre School return to the Mermaid stage with their production of “A Christmas Peter Pan” – December 14th and 15th
- Santa at Killruddery throughout December
- Boutique Christmas Market at Jim Doyle’s, December 1st and 2nd
- Purple House Candlelight Concert on December 7th
With just five weeks until Christmas, Bray has a fabulous Christmas Photo Competition where someone could win a prize of €1,000. Just capture a special Christmas moment in Bray and be sure to use #ChristmasInBray hashtag when sharing your favourite memories on social media and you’ll be in with a chance to win the competition. You can also submit your photos via http://www.bray.ie/christmasinbray/. Closing date for entries is Wednesday, December 19th.
The initiative will be supported with a poster, radio and social media campaign.
For more information check out http://www.bray.ie/christmasinbray/