Investment in Arklow – some facts and figures
Councillor Sylvester Bourke
This Government has invested in key infrastructural projects for Arklow:
- Commencement of the >€150 million N11.
- €2 million set aside for advance works on the Arklow Sewerage Scheme (project stalled, litigation in train, but project due to be completed before 2015).
- €3.5 million awarded for remedial works at Arklow pier (50% of total national budget).
- €4.9 million for Arklow water supply scheme (Arklow, Aughrim, Avoca, Tinahely, 50% of total Co. Wicklow budget).
- €3.5 million for Library and civic offices, with construction commencing shortly.
Other investment in Arklow:
- €300k for Arklow Swimming Club.
- €40k for Arklow Boxing Club.
- €225k for Inbhear Mor Youth and Sports Facility in Arklow.
- New School buildings for Arklow – Arklow Community College.