Family of Wicklow man who died from electric shock while working on a mobile home have settled their claim

By: William O’Toole

The family of a Wicklow electrician who was electrocuted while working on a mobile home have settled their claim for €780,000.

Donal Kinney (42) died from electric shock in 2010 after he had been working on a water pump for a mobile home at Brittas Bay.

His partner,  Tracy O’Reilly, and the couple’s two sons ,Thomas and Daniel sued the mobile home owner, claiming negligence.

It was claimed that the mobile home owner was negligent because he allowed the deceased to carry out work despite the fact that that it was dangerous to do so and that there was a failure to warn it was dangerous.

It was also heard that the electricity supply into the mobile home had not been installed properly, or maintained properly.

Mr Kinney’s partner and two sons had sued for electric shock, emotional distress and loss of income following his death.

Mr Justice Richard Humphreys was told at the High Court today that the matter had been settled.

Denis McCullough SC for the family told the court that liability in the action was not an issue.

It was also heard that the money was to be divided between Ms O’Reilly and her two sons.

Counsel also said that Mr Kinney’s mother and brother were also to receive money following the tragic death.

 

If you have a story that you think the WicklowNews.Net readers and beyond should know about, we’d love for you to get in touch with us. Submit A Story

WicklowNews.Net Competitions

Powered by

WINNER!

Congratulations To ‘Sarah Clarke’ Who Won Our €500 Homesavers Shopping Spree!

Thank you to the 5,000 people who entered our competition. 

New competition launching soon!

Related Stories
© Copyright 2022 WicklowNews.net

Do you have a story for us? Contact us by email