fbpx

Inquest fails to find cause of death of Bray teenager

Georgia Murphy RIP of Bray, Co Wicklow Check inquest copy from Louise Roseingrave Pic: Facebook

Georgia Murphy

The inquest into the death of Bray teenager Georgia “Duck” Murphy “ failed to identify what exactly caused her to suffer a lethal allergic reaction.

Georgia , an asthmatic, died on June 21, 2015, at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital in Crumlin after a day out with her friends.

The teenager returned home from swimming and ate a pizza with a mango juice drink, she returned to her friends and went to the shop for ice cream and sweets.

She complained of a shortage of breath and was taken home by a passer-by.

The emergency services were called and she was resuscitated at her home in Giltspur Wood, but was transferred “in a critical state” to hospital, the inquest heard.

She had suffered a cardiac arrest.

Georgia died in hospital three days later.

Despite the inquest, the issue causing the severe reaction was not identified

Sign up to our weekly newsletter

Please contact us for use of this image