Tesco Ireland has announced the 450 local projects that will participate in the new cycle of the Tesco Community Fund commencing 12th June. For the next eight weeks, customers are being encouraged to use their blue tokens in store to vote for their preferred local cause enabling them to make a big difference in communities’ right across Ireland.
At the end of the eight week cycle, Tesco stores will support these 450 local projects nationally with €120,000 worth of donations. The Community Fund helps a wide variety of local projects, supporting communities throughout Ireland by helping causes to reach their potential. Since being launched in 2014, Tesco through the Community Fund has helped over 9,000 local causes and projects donating over €2.2 million in total.
In Wicklow the Tesco Community Fund has supported 378 local projects to date donating over €105,000. For the next eight weeks Tesco’s stores across Wicklow will be using their blue token to support a wide range of local projects:
· Tesco Greystones will be supporting Greystones Players Drama Group, St Bridgets National School and the Irish Girl Guides
· While customers of Tesco Arklow will be able to support Avondale GAA Club, Barrindarrig GAA Club and Annacurra Camogie Club
· Shoppers at Tesco Wicklow Town can vote for Friends of the Murrough, Cheshire Homes and Brittas Bay National School
· Both Tesco Bray stores will be supporting Dignity Packs Ireland, Bray Gospel Choir and Scoil na Rince-Irish Dancing Group
· While Tesco Kilcoole will be supporting The little Tern Playground Kilcoole, The Martin Family Trust and Max’s Assistance Dog
Aoife Parle, Tesco Area Community Champion for Wicklow commented: “At Tesco we are delighted to be able to support such amazing local initiatives through our Community Fund. The Tesco Community Fund is open to a wide variety of good causes or groups so if you think you know a local organisation that could benefit from some extra funding, please nominate them in store or online today. And don’t forget to vote for your preferred cause each time you shop using your blue token, because it really does make a difference.”
Tesco customers can simply fill out a nomination form in store and every 8 weeks, three local causes will be selected for the Tesco Community Fund. Customers can also nominate a cause online via: www.tesco.ie/communityfund And at the end of each phase, blue token votes are counted and up to €1,000 is shared proportionally between the three local causes. Further information and criteria for entry is available on www.tesco.ie/communityfund.