It’s time to get into the kitchen and start preparing your future. If you have a love of all things food and cooking, and have been wondering how to turn your love into a job – then BIFE’s Professional Cookery City & Guilds Diploma Award course is the springboard your career needs. A mixture of practical and theoretical work with an emphasis on preparation and safety, the kitchen will become your classroom and the perfect place for you to carve out your future.
Certification: City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (Culinary Arts) / QQI Level 5 Equivalence on the NQF (8065-02) / QQI Minor Award in Professional Cookery (5M2088)
Duration: One Year
Location: Bray Institute of Further Education
Programme of Study
- Prepare food for cold presentation;
- Prepare, cook and finish stocks, soups and sauces;
- Prepare, cook and finish fish and shell fish dishes;
- Prepare, cook and finish meat, poultry and offal;
- Prepare, cook and finish vegetables, fruit and pulses;
- Prepare, cook and finish rice, grain, farinaceous products and egg dishes;
- Prepare, cook and finish bakery products;
- Prepare, cook and finish hot and cold desserts and puddings;
- Catering operations, costs and menu planning;
- Culinary Arts Principles;
- Food safety in catering;
- Safety at work;
- Healthier foods and special diets.
Components subject to change.
Entry Requirements: Leaving Certificate or equivalent. Leaving Certificate Applied with a merit profile. Full QQI Level 4 award with a merit profile. Mature applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications. Places are offered following a successful interview.
Why not take those first steps now? Call Bray Institute of Further Education on 085 745 9943 for more information on enrolling and starting your new career.