fbpx

Benefit night in aid of Wicklow Rapid Response

alison 1

Alison Slater

Earlier this year, 2 year old Alison Slater suffered a serious anaphylactic reaction. Wicklow Rapid Response was in the Greystones area and immediately tasked by the National Ambulance Service to attend to Alison. The WWRR doctor was able to administer vital treatment and medications to Alison prior to the arrival of the ambulance and also accompanied Alison to Crumlin hospital in the ambulance to continue her treatment.

It was on Valentine’s Day this year that the two-year-old Alison almost lost her life, an extreme allergic reaction triggering a shutdown of her system that, mercifully, was stabilised by Wicklow Rapid Response’s Dr David Menzies. The fact that it took the ambulance a long time to arrive meant that, without Dr Menzies and this wonderful volunteer group, Alison wouldn’t be here today.
As a way of saying thank you to Wicklow Rapid Response, Alison’s parents, Ruth and Ben, have organised a fundraising gig at The Hot Spot on Friday, November 10th, with Gypsy Lacey providing the music, with great raffle prizes up for grabs on the night too.

Get yourself a ticket €15.00 for the fundraising Hot Spot gig. www.eventbrite.ie/e/alison-one-more-life-saved-benefit-night-for-wicklow-rapid-response-tickets-37926400886?aff=efbeventtix

If you can’t go, buy a ticket anyway. You can also donate directly to Wicklow Rapid Response. Wwrr.ie/donate

Wicklow Rapid Response is a completely voluntary organisation which just happens to save lives…

Wicklow Rapid Response is fully voluntary, providing advanced pre hospital emergency medical care to the people of Wicklow and beyond in association with the National Ambulance Service.

But we do incur some significant costs including: insurance, equipment and medication.

Here’s an opportunity to help us out and enjoy a good night out too!

Huge thanks to Ruth and Ben, the parents of Alison Slater for organising this. We are very glad that we were able to help Alison on Valentine’s Day this year when she suffered her life threatening allergic reaction.

Please contact us for use of this image