Minister Andrew Doyle TD gave the best possible start to two new forestry careers in Arklow, Co. Wicklow on Friday 9th February 2018. Brian Fitzgerald and John Dungan have joined the experienced team at Euroforest Ireland as forest managers specialising in forest thinning, clearfelling and timber marketing.
The Minister outlined the opportunities available to foresters specialising in timber mobilisation as the volumes available for harvesting from the private sector, particularly farmer owned forests, are set to expand 8-fold over the next 20 years. Welcoming the new jobs as a vote of confidence in the forestry sector, he pointed to the role of timber in renewable energy generation and carbon sequestration as well as providing raw material for the sawmilling and panel board industries from which the majority of the products are exported.
Euroforest Ireland is the country’s largest independent provider of timber harvesting and marketing services in Ireland. Our managers have in excess of 25 years of progressive development and more than 50 years’ experience in maximising returns from thinning and clear felling both conifer and hardwood crops. Nationwide activities are supported by our head office in Arklow, Co. Wicklow and a network of regional offices. The services provided to its clients, mainly farmers, include:
- Access to the full spectrum of potential Irish and international markets
- Operating to the highest Environmental, Health, Safety, Stewardship and People standards
- Working with clients to deliver high quality service and market leading returns
- Bespoke service tailored to all woodland owners, including roadside purchase
- Cost effective, professional timber harvesting and marketing services across Ireland
Contact details Head office: 0402 26500 www.euroforestireland.ie