Sincere sympathy is extended to the family and relatives of Mary O’Rourke, Coolfancy nee Moran who died last week and was buried on Saturday in Coolfancy cemetery.
Congratulations to Jason and Lisa Molloy, Kilcavan on the birth of their son recently.
Happy 21st birthday to Daniel O’Hara, Tombreane.
Happy 40th birthday to Colm Osborne, Kilcavan.
Get well wishes go to Alvin Dagge.Coolfancy.
TINAHELY WALKING CLUB
On April 15 the walk is Mullinacor/Cullentra, Grade B, 15k, 4 hours. Meet Tinahely 10.00 or Glenmalure Lodge 10.45
On April 22 the walk is at Arts Lough, Grade B, 12k, 3 hours. Meet Tinahely 10.00 or Glenmalure Lodge 10.45
Please ensure to wear proper walking boots, to bring adequate food & drink and to pack (or wear) rain gear.
All Ireland Confined Drama Finals – Carnew – 2018
The excitement is building, as the South Wicklow Drama Festival Committee continues to prepare for the 2018 Bostik All Ireland Confined Drama Finals which are being hosted in Carnew under the auspices of the ADCI. in St. Brigid’s Hall, Carnew from the Friday the 13th to Saturday 21st of April, 2018. See this space next week for the schedule of plays.
Fringe Events and pre All Ireland Schedule:
Find out about the exciting calendar of fringe events going on in our area next week association with the All Ireland Confined Drama Festival.
Events are for both locals and visitors and have been organised to help make the Festival a special week for everyone.
So please do, if you find you can’t come to any of the plays, please do come along to some of the Fringe events.
Booking for nightly plays is now open. Phone 087 698 5275 – 11am – 12.30 pm and 13.30 – 16.30 (No text messages please)
- Saturday 7th April: Opening of Carnew Community Art Exhibition in Carnew Community Care at 8pm. Art Exhibition will run until Saturday 21st April.
- Friday 13th – Saturday 21st April: 4pm – 7pm Art Exhibitions in Carnew Community Care and in Roberts’ Garage Adjacent to St. Brigid’s Hall
- Friday 13th – Saturday 21st April: Photographic Exhibition by local GP Damien Doyle, in Carnew Training and Development Centre (opposite the Hall)
- Friday 13th: 7p.m. – Gap Arts Festival display of Artistic Creations.
- Friday 13th – Official Opening of All Ireland Confined Drama by local born, Loughlin Deegan, Director of The Lir, National Academy of Dramatic Art at Trinity College at 8pm followed by the first play of the week.
- Saturday 14th April: Guided walk in Tomnafinogue Woods at 12.30 pm. To book: 087 9323990
- Saturday 14th April: Demonstration “Create a look for Stage” (Character – Eliza Doolittle) Hair, Makeup and Costume. Demonstration by renowned Hair
Stylist and Make-up Artist, Marion O’Toole at 3.30 pm To book 087 9323990
- Sunday 15th of April from 1.30 – 5pm Coollattin House – afternoon tea and music in the charming, Coollattin House. Both locals and visitors will also have the opportunity to view a craft exhibition and to take a tour of the house. Afternoon Tea: €7.50 Tour: €5.00. House tours can also be organised by prior arrangement during the week of the Festival. Prosecco will also be available. Booking essential: 087-968 7606.
- Wednesday 18th April: Carnew Library will host an afternoon of poetry at 2.30 pm, with Jim Kirwan, Ettie Kilbride, Jacqui Mulholland, PJ Arthur and other local artists.
- Thursday 19th April: Carnew TDC – A talk by Dr. Nicholas Bielenberg. A unique opportunity to hear about his early life and his family’s experiences living in Germany at the beginning of the 2nd World War. Booking: 087 9323990
- Friday 20th April: A golf outing in Coollattin Golf Club. First tea time 9.45 am This will be a fun four ball scramble for golfers of all standards. To book a tea time phone 087 9323990. (Green fees: €20.00)
- Friday 20th April: Imagine This – A collection of drama through movement by MAD Drama School, Arklow at 7.00 pm in Coláiste Bhríde, Carnew.
- Saturday 20th April: Guided walk in Tomnafinogue Woods at 12.30 pm. Booking 087 9323990
- 21st April: Artisan Craft Fair adjacent to St. Brigid’s Hall from 10 am to 4pm
Local Produce and Crafts including: Home made Jams & Chutneys, Bread and Cakes. Garden Ornaments, Flowers, Hand Knits, Jewellery and Wood Turned items and more. Tea and coffee will also available.
For enquiries on any of the above events, phone 087 9323990.
The next bingo is on Sunday 22nd April at 2.30pm in St Bridget’s Hall, Carnew, all welcome.