Culinary Training Passport training course at Marine House, Wicklow Town
Making food is something we can all relate to, but few and far between have the skills to perfect those fine details that complete a dish. With the Culinary Training Passport, you will gain core culinary skills and learn the know-how of preparing a wide variety of ethnic and contemporary cuisines.
After this course you will be able to combine these skills with the course’s industry-standard health, safety and hygiene training to build a career in the culinary industry – be it commis chef, pastry chef or deli assistant.
- Manual Handling and First Aid
- Breakfast Cookery
- Contemporary and Ethnic Cuisine
- Core Culinary Skills
- Culinary Training Passport Induction
- Deli and Larder
- Health and Safety
On completion of this programme, the learner will be able to:
– Plan and prepare a range of wholesome foods based on an understanding of the theory related to commodities and cookery processes.
– Demonstrate consistently the skills and understand the relevant theory necessary for Larder and Deli work, and pastry work.
– Have the theoretical knowledge required for an understanding of catering operations and systems.
– Demonstrate understanding, through application, of safe and hygienic practices in environmental hygiene, personal responsibilities and work.
– Show understanding of the principles of cost control, portion control and the control cycle.
– Have an elementary knowledge of the principles of nutrition and menu planning.
– There are no specific entry requirements; however, learners should have the ability to achieve the learning outcomes associated with this programme.
– Learners should have a functional standard of the English language.
– Learners must be available and willing to work outside normal working hours in line with expectations in the industry.
– Previous experience in the hospitality sector would be an advantage but is not necessary.
The course commences on the 14th of May, so there’s no better time than the present to apply.
How to apply
If you would like to attend this course, or would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 0967146.