Horticulture Training Course at Marine House, Wicklow Town
The programme aims to provide learners with the skill, knowledge and competence to obtain entry level employment in the horticulture industry or progress to further education and training.
- Plant Protection – Protect horticultural plants and crops from the effects of weeds, pests, diseases and disorders and to select appropriate prevention and control measures.
- Plant Science – Describe plant structure, processes, growth and development in a horticultural context.
- Soil Science and Growing Media – Evaluate soils and growing media with regard to their utilisation in a horticultural context.
- Plant Identification and Use – Identify a wide range of horticultural plants, their characteristics and their use in different horticultural situations.
- Work Practice – Work in an organisation or specific vocational context, carrying out vocationally related tasks over a period of time, independently while under general supervision.
Optional (1 of 3)
- Personal Effectiveness
Optional (3 of 4)
- Plant Propagation
- Fruit and Vegetable Production
- Start Your Own Business
- Safety and Health at Work
– Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age.
– Applicants should have achieved a minimum of a QQI – QQI Level 4 Major Award or its equivalent. Alternatively, applicants may have achieved relevant skills, knowledge competencies through work experience.
How to apply
If you would like to attend this course, or would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 0967146.