Start Date: 09/07/2018
End Date: 14/09/2018
Duration: 10 Weeks
– Education: Applicants must have achieved a minimum of a QQI Level 4 Major Award or its equivalent.
– Aptitude: Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, including verbal and written command of the English language.
– Previous Experience: Applicants should, where possible, have some previous experience working in a care environment. This exposure will help to establish an applicants suitability for Healthcare as an occupation.
– Demonstrate techniques for the safe moving and handling of people, placing emphasis on the
individuals comfort, the safety of the worker and the use of leg muscles instead of the back.
– Work effectively in a care setting and promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle,
religion and culture in care work.
– Care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment using best practice guidelines. Describe the
requirements relevant to safety & health at work. Explain regulations to include acts & legislation
– Describe the roles of the authority, personal safety & health awareness. Identify and complete
documentation relating to safety & health at work. Identify of risks and hazards in the control of
infection & contamination.
– Describe first aid, safety & fire awareness, manual handling, VDUs, workstations & signage.
– Demonstrate practical activities relating the promotion of safety and health at work. Work in an
organisation or specific vocational context, carrying out vocationally related tasks over a period
of time, independently while under general supervision.
– Plan and achieve realistic work goals.
If you would like to attend this course, or would like further information please email email@example.com or call 087 0967146.