The picturesque Fairwood Park adjacent to the pretty village of Tinahely in south county Wicklow situated about 10 miles from the coast with rolling hills and fertile farm land. The 83rd Tinahely Show will take place on Bank Holiday Monday, 6th August 2018.
All roads lead to this great celebration of rural life, where culture and competition, entertainment and exhibitions, fashion and food will be on display.
Heading this year’s entertainment bill in the Irish County Music scene will be Declan Nerney and his Band. A leading singer with chart topping albums and singles, box office busting live tours with army of faithful fans around the world. Tinahely Show is proud to be part of his role call of success; we look forward to welcoming this multi-talented Irish singer.
Stuart Moyles, over the past couple of years the popular Mayo singer has played on music weekends and concerts for the likes of Nathan Carter and Michael English and is constantly in demand for live shows. 2019 is set to be a very busy year for Stuart with trips to Spain, Portugal Scotland, Blackpool and London along with playing all over Ireland.
After Dark – Exhilarating, exciting, engaging, evoking – these are just some of the words used by their many fans and friends alike to describe the After Dark experience. And this superb reputation rings through every performance of this award winning band.
Theresa & the Stars, Tony and Theresa Kehoe will be celebrating 46 years playing music this year, formed in 1972, playing the Social Dancing, Weddings, Parties, Concerts and Pub scene since. People are still enjoying their many albums and the ever popular Country Band will perform for their fans and friends at the show.
Traditional Irish Music provided by our forever popular Comhaltas and Irish Dancing will be performed on the Giant Dance Floor from early in the day.
It was never simpler to enter with our ‘one click’ online entry system, before July 27th, schedules are also available to download from our website www.tinahelyshow.ie or request a copy by calling 0402 34922.
The Livestock section of the show boasts a €14,000 prize fund for winning between the four main Livestock and Equestrian Championships and Finals.
A major highlight in the cattle section will be hosting of the €4,000 FBD Belgian Blue Championships. The Irish Pedigree Belgian Blue Calf Championship and Belgian Blue Crossbred Finals will attract entries from all over the country. Tinahely Show Society takes great pride in hosting these finals and thanks our sponsor F.B.D.
The Commercial Cattle Section has developed tremendously in the last number years. The highlight of this section is the Zurich Insurance Sponsored Beef Bullock or non-Pedigree Beef Heifer Any Age, Any Breed, which boasts a handsome €2,500 prize fund.
Tinahely Show and the Rothwell Family also present The Derek Rothwell Memorial Young Stockperson of the Year Championship which is sponsored by Tinahely Show Society with a Prize Fund of €2000. The late Derek Rothwell, former Chairman of Tinahely Show and the I.S.A advocated the need to involve young people in all aspects of Agricultural Shows. In his memory and fulfilling his wishes Tinahely Show are proud to host his championship for the benefit of all young exhibitors. The aim is to encourage involvement in shows and promote the showing of animals by girls and boys – the ‘Exhibitors of the Future’.
Wicklow’s great sheep tradition will be evident at this year’s show with a range of classes including Cheviot, Jacob, Charollais, Lleyn, Texel, Zwartbles and Rouge De l’Ouest. Again, the crossbred classes will attract great interest from sheep farmers near and far.
The Connolly’s Red Mills Two Year Old Horse All Ireland Final will be one of the highlights of the day. The Red Mills Non-Thoroughbred Colt/Gelding Two-Year-Old All Ireland Championship is sponsored by Red Mills Goresbridge and offers a grand prize fund of
€3,000. 6th place up will receive a Connolly’s Red Mills voucher value €75. Horse Show Jumping commences at 10a.m. in the main arena on Show day. Pony Show Jumping Competitions for newcomers and unregistered ponies takes place at 9.30am. Entries will be taken on the field with Rosettes and prizes for the winners. The Phelan Cup will also be presented in this arena.
For excitement, check out the Pony Club Games on the field in Fairwood Park! Each team consists of five members who take part in a variety of games where speed, accuracy and breath-taking skills are the norm. The games are fun to watch and attract large crowds at shows.
Entries through Show Co-ordinator, Lorraine O’Sullivan, Unit 16, Riverside Business Centre, Tinahely, Co. Wicklow. Phone: 0402-34922, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Online entries on www.tinahelyshow.ie
The Home Industries
This section includes crafts, baking, art, farm and garden and photography. The Junior Marquee has competitions for all of the above with age appropriate classes. The skills involved enable people to maintain traditions of Irish family life and these are being passed on through the Junior Section and life in the home where these skills are being revived.
Class 217 in the adult craft section is new this year “Best Felted Article. Wet or Needle Felted”. Fashion is high on the list at the Show this year so class 219 should be very popular “Decorated Straw Hat suitable to wear at Tinahely Show”.
The Poultry Section has bantams, large fowl, water fowl and chicken classes, please make sure all birds are penned by 9.45am.
The Pets’ Corner a favourite for young and old, children in particular are always thrilled to get up close and experience such a wide variety of animals. For many of our younger visitors it has to be the first stop of the day. All manner of pets can be entered, from small ponies, donkeys, rabbits, farm animals, pheasants, puppies and snakes to hairless cats. There are five categories you can enter your pets, including the newest and most unusual pet. So if you have
A pet that’s a little bit different please come and show all the other pet lovers your special friend.
For the Home Brew enthusiast you can enter your white or red wine, slow gin or elderflower cordial, in a clear standard wine bottle, variety and type shown on label.
Quilt Marquee at Tinahely Show highlights and displays the full skill and essence that goes into making quilts. The magic and personal design stories offered in entries from all over Ireland are hung to allow the full piece to be seen and appreciated. Enter online at www.tinahelyshow.ie
The home industries section has a wide selection of classes with over 300 to choose from.
Please forward entries early. Queries or information from the Indoor Co-Ordinator, Dolores Whelan, Unit 16, Riverside Business Centre, Tinahely, Co. Wicklow. Phone: 0402-34922, email email@example.com or enter online at www.tinahelyshow.ie
Early Bird Tickets Early Bird Tickets can be purchased online www.tinahelyshow.ie from €10.00 each.
Tinahely Show provides businesses and organisations with a unique opportunity to showcase their products and services. With a footfall of over 20,000 visitors on the day it is an opportunity not to be missed by those wishing to expand and develop their business.
The installation of a permanent road network throughout the trade stand area ensures exhibitors ease of access to the site and of course excellent walking conditions under foot for the visitors. So, when at the show make sure to visit the trade stand area and avail of the great show day offers that are available there.
All trade stands are to be pre-booked through:
Show Co-ordinator, Lorraine O’Sullivan, Unit 16, Riverside Business Centre, Tinahely, Co. Wicklow. Phone: 0402-34922, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org See our website www.tinahelyshow.ie for application forms and charges.
* In the Wool Corner with Spinning demos, Weavers and the addition of Yarn and Raw fleece classes and some sheep shearing too!
* The IFA Food Hall displays the very best of local artisan food producers. It also provides the opportunity to sample and buy many of the products on show. Serve some at your next party or to your friends, making their visit extra special but save some for yourself, anything tasty goes quickly.
* This years’ Craft Village has grown significantly through popular demand, displaying the best of craftsmanship in handmade baskets, art, jewellery and much more. Visiting a relative abroad, pick up your Irish present in the Craft Village.
* For the Vintage enthusiasts there are cars, tractors and machinery. This section of our show allows people to journey back in time and experience the richness of past times.
* The 2018 Show Queen amongst the host of spectators will receive her crown in the early afternoon.
* Fashion Extravaganza, another exciting first for Tinahely Show compered by Marietta Doran of Ireland AM and hosted by Rathwood, featuring Deirdre Minogue’s very distinctive style of clothing. Oona Conroy offers excellent range of footwear, casual and formal, including a wide range of accessories for all occasions.
Rathwood’s extensive range of clothing from Jack Murphy, Joules and Portwest together with their extensive range of homewares, gifts, soft furnishing and gardening products offer a great personal service and a wide choice of styles– something to suit all tastes.
Each Fashion Show will have a great selection of door prizes.
Discount vouchers to all who attend the Fashion Shows.
* Trials Ireland Bike Spectacular – A motorcycle stunt and agility display sure to set hearts racing for young and old.
* The Sheaf Tossing Competition is now one of the shows’ most popular attractions with competitors travelling from the four corners of the land, with more than one
hoping to set a record at this years’ show, Sheaf Tossing League heat qualifier to select an Irish Team to go to Australia.
* The Dog Show hosts huge numbers of dogs that come to strut their stuff on the ultimate cat walk of the doggie world that is the dog show ring at Tinahely Show, starting at 2pm. An event not to be missed, bring your doggy to enter them on the field from 12pm.
* Togher Gun Club Wildlife Display of birds and small animals who roam the countryside.
* Dog Agility Display is always a winner for public entertainment!
* Bring the children to see the Pig Display.
* On the Court Stage there are a host of activities to entertain all ages, kicking off at 11am with Music by Harry Donohoe, Baby Show, Tinahely Little Miss and Little Master, Best Dressed Lady and Gent, Most Glamourous Granny, Parent and Child look-a-like, talent contest for under 12yrs.
* In addition for the children there is the Fun Fair, Bouncy Castles, Face Painting and Punch & Judy Show.
* Dancing with Declan, have a go at learning a few dance steps to get out on the Giant dance floor with your friends.
* Water Buffalo are traditionally found working on small family farms in Asia but in Ireland they can be found grazing on local farmland Mozzarella Cheese is made from Buffalo milk. Come see them at the Tinahely Show.
* Tractor Pulling, those interested in big powerful tractors won’t wish to miss the pulling action provided by these strong machines, Tinahely Show presents Round 1 of Irish Tractor Pulling Championships- with Shockwaves brought to you by ITTA!! All farm Tractors are welcome at a fee of €20.
* Chainsaw Art Display, creating art with a chainsaw, not to be missed.
* Geese Herding by Donnie Anderson and his dog.
* Local Fire Brigade, First Responders & Ambulance Service Displays emphasising public health and farm safety awareness.
The Tinahely Agricultural Show is the place where for one amazing day each year both urban and rural communities mingle together seamlessly; all enjoying the authentic cultural experience that combines livestock, home and garden, entertainment, music and much more. We thank the multitude of over 400 volunteers and neighbouring farmers without whom this great event would never take place.
Gates open on Show day from 8am to 6pm with free parking and full food & bar facilities on site.
FREE PARKING / FREE ENTRY CHILDREN (U12)
ADULTS: €15, STUDENTS & OAP’S: €10,
FAMILY (2 ADULTS + 3 TEENS UNDER 18): €40
So make your way to Wicklow for farming and family fun this August Bank Holiday. www.tinahelyshow.ie
For additional information contact: Show Co-ordinator, Lorraine O’Sullivan, 0402 34922, email@example.com Indoor Co-ordinator, Dolores Whelan, 0402 34922, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media to help us spread the ‘Show News’
Facebook Tinahely Agricultural Show