Numbers 11-16-20-21 No Jackpot Winner
Four Match Three Winners €25.00 each Gossy Moules, Aughrim; Greeta Carey, Clone; Kevin Brown Riverfield; The Grandchildren, c/o Anne Byrne, Clone
Next Week’s Jackpot, €2250.00.
Lá na Club Annacurra GAA Club are having the Lá na Club on Sunday, August 19th. On the day they will have matches for some of the younger players, play off the Ciaran Shannon Cup, and hold the Duck Race fundraiser. Cards for the Duck Race are on sale, with the proceeds going to help put lights on the new walking track.
Our Lady’s Island
Pilgrimage Season 2018
15th August 2018 Official Opening of the Pilgrimage. Mass at 3.00pm followed by the Blessed Sacrament Procession with Banners. Focus on the Family and the World Meeting of Families with Fr. Jim Fegan, PP (Diocesan Representative at the World Meeting of Families).
Daily Mass during the Season at 3.00pm and 8.00pm. For the rest of the programme, please consult the poster in the church porch.
26th August 2018
Preparing for a Long Journey (Phoenix Park)
• For your safety and welfare, you should plan your whole journey from the beginning of the day until you return home.
• You may have to walk for a long distance over the course of the day.
• You are likely to be standing for a long period of time.
• The journey through the day for those attending will be long and will involve significant walks to and from the Mass depending on where you are coming from. Walking is unavoidable due to the size, scale and location of the event.
• There are also a range of facilities on site to help you on the day.
• Designated rest zones, food and drinks stations, medical facilities, as well as toilets and baby changing facilities are all at the venue, gates and transport hubs.
• There will also be volunteers throughout the venue and special facilities for people with accessibility issues and their carers.
Details for those coming on the bus to the Phoenix Park
• Sun Screen
• All Weather Wear
• Food/Snacks/Water sufficient for the whole day.
• Something to sit on and something to occupy your time while waiting for mass to begin (book, newspaper, magazine).
• Walking Shoes/Runners.
Next weekend we have eight children taken part in the Aldi national community games finals in UL Limerick. Our under 16 mixed relay. Paraic Doyle Caolin Goetelan Hannah Doyle and Anna Lalor.
U14 800m finalist Laci JANE Shannon U10 finalists Allanah Murphy and Colman O’Byrne. U14 long puck Ciara Connolly. Paraic is also in the u16 1500m final too. Best of luck to them all and enjoy the experience. Thank you too to their parents and dedicated coaches Tara and Caoimhe for giving up their time this Summer.
This Sunday August 19th is la le club. There is a parade from the Church to the field at 11.30. Once in the field there are lots of under age games. Then the Ciaran Shannon trophy will Take place between current and past Annacurra players. The day will end with the duck race in the river. Please support the day and we will have you home in time for the All-Ireland hurling final.
Items to be included in Annacurra notes can be emailed to email@example.com or phoned to 0833136925 by 9pm on Sunday evening