Gaisce – The President’s Award together with Foróige are seeking volunteer leaders and young people for a brand new and unique type of Foroige Club.
The Role of a Gaisce/Foróige Club Volunteer Leader:
This role requires volunteers to co-ordinate weekly meetings for a group of young people. The group will be aged between 15 and 17 and there will be approximately 10-20 young people in the club with up to 3 volunteers.
Unlike regular Foróige clubs, the primary focus of this club will be on members achieving their Gaisce Silver Awards and the role of the club volunteers will be to facilitate this.
This new Foróige Club will provide the setting for the young people to progress to the next Gaisce Award in a non-school setting. Since it will be a Foróige Club, members will also have the option of engaging in Foroige programmes, especially as part of their Gaisce Award.
SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE ROLE OF VOLUNTEER INVOLVES:
• Attend a one-day training session (combined Gaisce & Foróige)
• Time commitment of a minimum of 1.5 hours per week (on a selected evening) for 9 months.
• Co-ordinate the weekly club sessions with other volunteer leaders.
• Guiding members through all aspects of the Gaisce and Foróige programmes that they will be engaged in.
• Encouraging group activities, participation and engagement.
• Tracking progress of participants/members and sign off when complete.
LOCATIONS OF GAISCE/FORÓIGE CLUBS:
The aim is to start a new Gaisce/Foróige Club in Wicklow Town
TYPE OF CANDIDATE REQUIRED FOR ROLE:
We are seeking candidates that:
• Are 18 years old or over (we also require at least one volunteer leader in each club to be over 21 years of age).
• Have an interest in youth work and can engage with young people.
• May have a background as a teacher, youth worker, student or are already involved with Gaisce or Foróige as a volunteer.
BENEFITS OF GAISCE/FORÓIGE VOLUNTEER LEADER ROLE:
This is a great opportunity for people to:
• Give back and help young people to challenge themselves to achieve their goals.
• Gain valuable work experience – working with young people, running a weekly youth club and mentoring the members.
• For Gold Gaisce participants, this role can be used to fulfil the requirements for one Gaisce Challenge Area: Community Involvement or Personal Skill.
Registration night takes place from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm on Thursday the 15th of November at the Wicklow Gaisce Foroige Silver Club, Earlton House, South Quay, Wicklow Town.
For further information kindly contact Matthew McNulty at email@example.com