Role Title: Marketing Assistant
Do you want to have the opportunity to work for a progressive, young, fun, adventurous and cultural inbound Tour Operator? VagaHQ in Wicklow has all the mod cons from working microwaves, a fuzzball table, regular treat Fridays to comfy couches for rainy day coffee breaks!
About Vagabond: Vagabond tours is Ireland’s leading small group Tour Operator. Established in February 2002, we offer authentic, off the beaten track, off road adventure and cultural tours of Ireland.
The Aim of the role: An exciting junior all round marketing role that would suit an individual who wishes to progress to a Digital Marketing Executive one day.
Primary Responsibilities: To assist the marketing executive and marketing manager in any marketing related tasks, including but not limited to:
Social Media Monitoring, Feedback and Reporting:
- Daily maintenance, posting, responding to comments on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.
- Assisting in the management of all social media platforms with the marketing team, assisting in analysing, planning and forecasting future campaigns. Input is required to design and develop quarterly/monthly/weekly ads. Digital marketing activities include online paid advertising through Google, Facebook and Instagram. Data analysis and building reports using Google and Facebook Insights.
Website Performance & Maintenance:
- Updating web content when required.
- You will consider web health checks in relation to SEO, user experience and content.
- Where relevant you will deal with external Web providers to ensure VagabondToursofIreland.com is listed as Number 1 Small Group Tours of Ireland on relevant search engines and the website health is always in the best shape.
Content Curation and Generation
- Creating a filing and database structure for all images / videos curated from our guest and guide submissions.
- Assisting the Marketing Executive with weekly content creation which will be required for our blog, email marketing, website and all social media channels. We also run competitions during the touring season and collaborate with various suppliers to further develop our digital footprint.
Advocate & Loyalty Programme Maintenance
- Working closely with the marketing manager and the sales and reservations team to ensure the smooth running of the Advocate Loyalty Programme.
- Database management.
- Advocate & loyalty programme communications
- Strong knowledge of current digital marketing practices
- Tech savvy
- Microsoft office
- Experience using Facebook Insights
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Work well in a team but self-motivated working independently
- Fluent in English with excellent writing skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity & positivity
- Strong attention to detail
Key Skills Desired
- Experience with SEO, Photoshop, and Adobe
- Google Analytics and Adwords
- Multimedia experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Digital Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- 3rd Level Qualification Desired
Full time position: EURO 25,000 per annum, 20 Days Holidays.
Email your CV to email@example.com