Wicklow Municipal District has been successful in its nomination of five shortlisted finalists in the 2019 All Ireland Community & Council Awards
The five are:
- The Volvo Round Ireland Yacht Race – in the category Best Tourism Initiative
- Marine House Hospitality Training Centre, The Murrough, – Best Educational Building
- Vartry Trails Project – Best Community Health Initiative
- KWETB Riverwalk Cafe Culinary Entrepreneurship – Best Education/Training Initiative
- Vartry Trails Project – Best Tourism Initiative
Commenting on the nominations, Cathaoirleach of Wicklow Municipal District, Cllr Daire Nolan, said: “It was great news to see so many entrants from Wicklow shortlisted. It is testament to the hard work of all involved who bring these quality projects and events to Wicklow which help to enhance our everyday lives.”
Now in their 13th year, the Awards aim to celebrate and recognise Councils and communities working together while also bringing national recognition to achievements that would otherwise go unnoticed.
The 2019 All Ireland Community and Council Awards, presented by IPB Insurance and LAMA (the Local Authority Members’ Association) will take place on Saturday, 9th February 2019 in Croke Park Stadium.