Have you been looking for the chance to enter into the tech industry, but don’t know where to start?
FIT and the KWETB are offering you the opportunity to take part in a FREE 16-week all-encompassing tech course that will crash-course you in all of the basics and leave you ready to begin an apprenticeship in technology – so you can learn and earn at the same time.
The course will prepare you to enter into one of three apprenticeship programmes; Network Engineer Apprenticeship, Software Developer Apprenticeship, or Cybersecurity.
Beginning in April, this potentially career-launching course will take place in Wicklow Town and you can sign up for it right here.
Minimum entry requirements are as follows.
Must have a Junior Cert or equivalent.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must be numerate and literate, with good learning skills.
- Demonstrate interest in technology and customer service.
- Be motivated and enthusiastic.
- Possess good communication skills, pleasant personality, be determined to succeed and good interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player, adaptable and flexible. Typically work as part of a larger team, in which they have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall project.
If you’re ready to take your first steps towards a career in tech, but still want to know more, then follow this link for more information.