The Department of Agriculture has issued an Orange fire alert warning due to risk of forest fires, the Department issued the warning due to high pressure weather conditions.
Pending significant rainfall, this risk condition will remain in place until 1200hrs on Friday, May 17th, 2019 unless otherwise stated by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the
Wicklow is one of the most vulnerable counties when it comes to forest fires.
Wicklow firefighters fought a gorse fire close to Wicklow head on Sunday evening.
Advice to the General Public/Forest Visitors
Members of the public and visitors to recreational areas should cooperate with all requests regarding fire safety, obey all relevant bye-laws and be considerate in parking vehicles so as
not to impede access by emergency vehicles.
Where fire outbreaks occur at or near recreational areas the following actions should be taken by visitors in the interests of safety.
1. Do not light fires in and around forests or open land.
2. Do not attempt to intervene or fight fires under any circumstances.
3. Gather all family/group members and move to a safe fuel-free location such as a car
park, upwind of the fire.
4. Telephone Fire and Rescue Services via 112 and report the fire and its location.
5. Evacuate if instructed to do so, and cooperate with all Emergency Service Instructions.