Cormac Foley has been picked to start Ireland’s final Under-20 World Championship pool tie, against Italy, on Wednesday afternoon.
Noel McNamara’s men go into the game knowing that qualification for the semi-finals is unlikely due to their negative points-differential, and that they will need a bonus-point win over Italy, as well as a dramatic swing in results elsewhere.
With that in mind, McNamara has made eight changes to the team that lost 45-17 to Australia at the weekend.
Josh Wycherley, Ryan Baird, David McCann, Jake Flannery, Liam Turner, Angus Kernahan, and Rob Russell all retain their places in the team, with Foley coming in at inside-centre for the injured Stewart Moore.
Moore is one of two players to drop-out due to injury, with Josh Hodnett replaced at number eight by Azur Allison.
As a result of Charlie Ryan moving to the bench in place of Thomas Aherne in the second-row, Liam Turner will captain the team at outside-centre.
Ireland Vs Italy in the Under-20 World Rugby Championship kicks off at 2:30pm on Wednesday, the 12th of June, live on eirSport.
Ireland XV Vs Italy, in-full:
15. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster)
13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) Captain
12. Cormac Foley (St.Mary’s College/Leinster)
11. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster)
10. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster)
9. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht)
1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster)
2. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
3. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster)
4. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster)
5. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster)
6. David McCann (Banbridge/Ulster)
7. Ciaran Booth (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby)
8. Azur Allison (Ballymena/Ulster)