Have you got an interest in working with your hands to create stunning pieces of furniture that can enhance any room? If you answered ‘yes’, then the Bray Institute of Further Education have just the course for you.
BIFE’s Furniture Design and Manufacturing course combines real work such as using hand tools with drawing and design modules in order to develop the learner’s conceptual skills alongside their practical ones in a well-equipped woodwork room and workshop.
This award provides a link to Furniture Design and Timber Technology programmes in Ireland through the CAO system and leads into a Level 6 Cabinet Making course in BIFE. All learners can gain practical work experience and exhibit their work at the end-of-year Art & Design Exhibition in the Institute.
Programme of Study
- Furniture Making
- Wood Turning
- Wood finishing
- Appreciation of Art Craft and Design
- Work Experience
- Cabinet Making/Joinery
- CAD/CAM Engineer
- Machinery Technician
- Spray Technician/Wood Finisher
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered
- Leaving Certificate Applied Award
- Full QQI Level 4 Award
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview.
Take your first steps towards your new career by following this link for more info on course criteria and how you can enrol.