The Wicklow Hospice will hold their annual walk from Glendalough to Glenmalure on Sunday the 8th of September.
The Glen to Glen walk is suitable for most levels of fitness and participants will enjoy stunning scenery, while supporting the work of the Wicklow Hospice Foundation.
As walkers leave the Glendalough Monastic City, they will join the famous Wicklow Way, passing Poulanass Waterfall, before descending into Glenmalure. Participants will walk through Ireland’s longest and most magnificent glacial valley and home to the history of the rebel chieftains.
The Wicklow Hospice is on track for completion by the end of 2019, and since its infancy, there has been, and continues to be a massive interconnection between community support and hospice fundraising. Evanne Cahill, Chairperson of Fundraising for the Wicklow Hospice Foundation says, “This is the peoples Hospice; their continuous support over the past ten years has made this Hospice a reality. The service it will bring to patients and their families will be incalculable. Thank you to each and every person who has, and continues to support Wicklow Hospice”.
The format of the day is as follows –
· Meeting point 9am at the Glenmalure Car Park
· Bus transfer provided from Glenmalure leaving at 09.30 hours to Glendalough
· Glen to Glen walk starts at 10.00 hours from the Glendalough lower car park
· At the finish completion certificate, with chat and light snack and spot prizes draw.
· To register contact Sinead 087 095 4137 or Fabian 087 2306030 or visit www.wicklowhospice.ie
· Walk Information sheet and Sponsorship card issued upon registration.