This one-year course offers learners the opportunity to find work in a number of health care settings or progress to higher education.
Programme of Study
- Care Skills
- Care Support
- Safety & Health at Work
- Work Experience
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Care of the Older Person
- Palliative Care Support
- Manual Handling & Patient Moving Techniques (one day course)
- First Aid & CPR
Components subject to change.
Employment as Health Care Assistants in:
- Residential Care
- Maternity Care
- Home Care
- Hospice Care
- Community and Day-Care Centres
Higher Education Progression
Examples of relevant courses include:
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care (HC) Level 6
- Pharmacy Technician Studies (DT425) Level 6
- Applied Social Studies in Social Care (BN011)
- Physiology & Health Science (CW106) Level 6
- Pharmacy Technician Studies (CW116) Level 6
- Applied Social Studies in Social Care (PC404)
- Citizenship & Community Studies (PC405)
- BA in Social Care Practice (WD192)
*Places are not guaranteed in these institutes and are subject to students meeting certain criteria. Please consult the individual college websites for more information on application. Information available also at www.cao.ie.
For more information on this great course, and how to enrol for it this September, please visit Bife.ie.