Since our last update to you we have seen further significant developments in the COVID-19 situation.
I wanted to give you more information on the steps we are now taking to play our part in protecting your health, the health of our teams and the work we are doing to continue to supply you with the essential food, vitamins and healthcare products you need.
Our teams on the front-line in our stores, distribution and support centres are working incredibly hard to provide you with the products you require whilst balancing the need to protect their own health. I would ask that you give them the respect and support you would your own families in a similar situation as they endeavour to serve you.
We have introduced the following measures to help:
● We are encouraging contactless card payments in store where possible, we are providing hand sanitisers to our teams, we have further intensified cleaning and are offering advice around social distancing for customers in store and to our teams.
● We will also be introducing a one-hour shopping window for our elderly and more vulnerable customers at the start of each day during the week. While this won’t be an enforced window, we trust you will respect this special group of customers and provide them with the time and space we have offered them to shop.
● For those who are not as comfortable ordering online or who do not have access to our website, we are introducing a new call centre number. This will enable you to place your orders and seek advice from some of our longest serving and most capable colleagues who have kindly volunteered to provide this service.
● Following your feedback on the availability of certain products, and to ensure we are fair to all customers, from tomorrow, we will limit certain food and immunity lines to two (2) units per customer. This is a management decision and, whilst we recognise that this may be frustrating, we would please ask you to show consideration for our store teams as they help us to ensure we serve as many customers as possible.
● To help us keep up with demand we are creating a significant number of new jobs within our distribution, packing and production facilities. It will take us a little time to train our new team members but please be rest assured we are working around the clock to ensure our shops are well stocked.
In the coming days and weeks you should be confident that we will be doing all we can to protect our amazing, hard-working and caring colleagues as well as ensuring your safety and continued access to our products.
These are unprecedented times and I would like to thank our teams up and down the country for the work they are doing and you, our customers, for your patience and support.