Wicklow County Council wishes to update members of the public in relation to the services it provides and as a response to COVID-19.
As and from today (Wednesday), and until further notice:
- Wicklow County Council Offices at County Buildings, Wicklow, remain open, as are the Municipal District offices of Bray, Arklow Greystones, Wicklow Town and Baltinglass/Blessington.
While the offices remain open members of the public are urged not to attend the offices unnecessarily and to avoid bringing children to public buildings. Online and postal services can be availed of as an alternative. Motor Tax renewals can be processed online and renewal applications may be forwarded by post. Planning applications may also be submitted by post.
Members of the public with additional queries regarding Wicklow County Council Services are encouraged to contact us by telephone (0404) 20100 or by email: email@example.com
- All library buildings remain closed, including Arklow Open Library – online services remain in place
- Cultural institutions remain closed, including Wicklow Gaol
- Recycling centres remain open as are Wicklow County Council Playgrounds
- Brittas Bay Car Parks, North and South remain open
Members attending public buildings or Council facilities, open air recreational parks, playgrounds and carparks are asked to follow the Department of Health’s advice particularly in relation to practicing social distancing.
Wicklow County Council Chief Executive, Mr Frank Curran, said: “The Council is taking action to minimise the spread of the virus. Council staff will work to ensure a continuity of service across our key operations. The Council’s Crisis Management team meets daily to monitor the situation as well as liaising with Government Departments and Agencies across the Eastern Region.”
The Council is asking the general public to follow the Department of Health’s advice and keep themselves informed. Details of these updated measures can be found at: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ea1c30-updated-measures-in-response-to-covid-19-coronavirus/
Further information and updates will be posted on the Council website www.wicklow.ie