The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 41 people diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died.
- 36 deaths located in the east, 4 in the west, 1 in the south of the country
- the people included 16 females and 25 males
- the median age of today’s reported deaths is 85
- 31 people were reported as having underlying health conditions
There have now been 406 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of 1pm Tuesday 14th April, the HPSC has been notified of the following cases;
- an additional 548 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported by Irish laboratories
- an additional 284 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported by a laboratory in Germany
With the latest figures from Germany included, there are now a total of 11,479 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
As of the 12th of April there were 317 cases in County Wicklow.