The Department of Health have announced a further 18 people have died from the Coronvirus.
The total of deaths in Ireland now stands at 1,458.
236 additional cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed.
There are now 22,996 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 8 May (22,671 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 49 years
- 2,986 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 383 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 6,771 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,068 (49% of all cases) followed by Kildare with 1,324 cases (6%) and then Cork with 1,207 cases (5%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 61%, close contact accounts for 36%, travel abroad accounts for 3%
As of the the 8th of May there were 643 cases in County Wicklow