The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) has been notified that 9 people diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died – bringing the total deaths to 1,615.
37 additional cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed.
There have now been 24,735 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
As of Sunday May 24 there were 663 cases in County Wicklow.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Sunday 24 May (24,629 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,233 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- of those hospitalised, 395 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 7,852 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,894 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,440 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,395 cases (6%)
- of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 59%, close contact accounts for 38%, travel abroad accounts for 3%