Please forward notices to Kathleen Kelleher, 2875327/087 2845465,
Keep up to date with what is going on !!
Lots more Greystones information available from:
Paul Byrne at: www.GreystonesGuide.ie.
Also from www.Greystones.ie
Greystones Municipal District Zoom Meeting|23 February 2021 at 7.30 pm
The public and the media are now able to attend GMD Zoom meetings.
Please contact email@example.com for special link to the Zoom meeting.
Latest time for booking meeting link is 12 pm on the day of the meeting.
Details of meeting procedures below.
On the Agenda for 23 February 2021:
- Receive update on Greystones Harbour Marina development.
- Consider name of the Public Park at Greystones Harbour Marina.
- Report from GMD engineer.
- Update on community facilities at Glenheron development.
- Notices of motion include:
Call for Government to have full CETA debate in the Dáil.
Examine placing a wildlife bridge across the N11 at Glen of the Downs.
Assist Delgany community with park in wasteland and use of Band Hall.
Request progress report on Greystones Public Realm Plan.
Procedures for Greystones Municipal District Zoom Meetings
- Members of the public and media may be present at a remote meeting of Greystones Municipal District.
- Attendees must comply with Greystones Municipal District Standing Orders and Supplementary Standing Orders to Regulate Remote Meetings.
- Members of the media and public shall give prior notice of a request to join an online meeting of Greystones Municipal District.
- Requests must be emailed to Greystonesmd@wicklowcoco.ie no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting. A name and email address is required.
- The link to the meeting is for the recipient only and must not be forwarded on to any other person(s).
- Attendees must maintain silence and observe any directions given by the Cathaoirleach or by an official of the Council. Microphones must be kept on mute at all times.
- Members of the public and the media do not have the right to speak, any interruptions or endeavours to interrupt will result in the remote connection being terminated.
- No recording of the meeting and its proceedings by any person in attendance (elected members, media or members of the public) is permitted.
GREYSTONES COMMUNITY POLICING UNIT: WEEKLY CRIME REPORT
Week ending 14 February 2021.
Greystones North No reports.
Garda JP Connolly firstname.lastname@example.org
Greystones South No reports.
Garda Alan Thompson email@example.com
Delgany/Killincarrig/Charlesland No reports.
Garda Maria Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org
Kilcoole No reports.
Garda Molly Corbett email@example.com
Garda slot on the Morning Show with Declan Meehan at East Coast FM.
A Garda talks about security and other pending issues of the week.
Be sure and tune in for all the latest policing updates !!
If you see anything suspicious, please report to Greystones Garda Station 6665800.
Garda Confidential Number 1800 666 111
Greystones Garda Station 666 5800
EPA Noise Pollution 1890 20 20 21
Crimestoppers 1800 25 00 25
Traffic Watch 1890 205 805
Dog Warden 0404 44873
Crime Victims Helpline 1850 211 407
Our Community Guards this week remind us to beware of text/email scams.
Be wary of unsolicited texts and emails advising of a parcel awaiting delivery.
These messages urge you to click on a link.
Recent scams pretend that messages are coming from An Post + other companies.
Please be vigilant !!
Never click on an unsolicited text or email.
Never give away personal data like your PIN, card numbers or passwords.
Do not respond to such emails or texts.
Please take a screenshot of the text/email and then delete it.
Report it to Greystones Garda Station, 6665800.
Our Community Guards have circulated a list of various online services.
Some of these very helpful links are listed below.
More to come over the next few weeks.
Thank you, Community Guards, for keeping us up to date.
Parentline|National Confidential Helpline
Parentline offers parents support, information and guidance on all aspects of being a parent.
Parentline also deals with any parenting issues.
Barnados|National Telephone Support Service
This service is being offered to parents in response to the challenges they face during COVID-19.
The service is staffed by Barnados project workers.
SpunOut.ie|Ireland’s Youth Information Website
SpunOut.ie is a website created by young people for young people.
It offers a wide range of information and resources.
Childline|Talking Makes Us Stronger
Childline is always there for every child and young person.
Teen Counselling remains open and continues to offer counselling sessions, face to face.
Sessions offered by telephone or online during Level 5 restrictions.
FREE Online Education Courses to Help Parents During Lockdown
A non-exhaustive list compiled by home educators.
Great ideas and tips with helpful advice.
More Helpful Telephone Numbers from Our Community Guards
FLAC – Traveller Legal Advisor (Christopher McCann)
1890 350 250 / 01 874 5690
Mercy Law Centre 01 453 7459
Irish Human Rights Equality Commission 01 858 9601
Community Law and Mediation 01 847 7804
Involve (Young Travellers) 09064 98017
Belong To (LGBT+ up to 18) 01 670 6223
Exchange House Ireland 01 872 1094
Irish Traveller Movement 01 679 6577
Minceirs Whiden 085 880 4450
National Traveller Women’s Forum 01 738 3874
Pavee Point 01 878 0255
Traveller Counselling Service 086 308 1476
Traveller Mediation Service 083 432 2076
Traveller Money Advice and Budget Service 0761 072 230
LGTB + Support
LGBT Ireland 1890 929 539
TENI 01 873 3575
Slight increase of COVID-19 in Greystones Local Electoral Area this week.
ALONE|Supporting Older People to Age at Home
ALONE provides Housing with Support, Support Coordination, Befriending.
Also, BConnect training and technology and Campaigns for Change.
ALONE supports hundreds of older people each week.
People who are homeless, socially isolated, living in deprivation or in crisis.