Please forward notices to Kathleen Kelleher, 2875327/087 2845465,
Keep up to date with what is going on !!
Lots more Greystones information available from:
Paul Byrne at: www.GreystonesGuide.ie.
Also from www.Greystones.ie
Good Friday|2 April 2021
Holy Saturday|3 April 2021
Easter Sunday|4 April 2021
Easter Monday|5 April 2021
Wicklow County Council Road Works
Cliff Road road works have commenced and will last until early May approximately.
Localised temporary traffic management measures will be in place.
These may require the road to be closed at times with local access only.
Road works have also commenced on Delgany Wood Avenue, L1025.
Works are expected to last until 7 May 2021.
Works are to install traffic calming measures to improve road safety for all road users.
Delays are to be expected.
WCC apologises for any inconvenience in both cases.
GREYSTONES COMMUNITY POLICING UNIT: WEEKLY CRIME REPORT
Week ending 20 March 2021.
Greystones North No reports.
Garda JP Connolly email@example.com
Greystones South Theft of bicycle outside railway station.
Garda Alan Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Delgany/Killincarrig/Charlesland Theft from vehicle, vehicle left unlocked.
Theft from a shop.
Garda Maria Curtis email@example.com
Kilcoole Burglary at vacant golf club.
Garda Molly Corbett firstname.lastname@example.org
Garda slot on the Morning Show with Declan Meehan at East Coast FM.
A Garda talks about security and other pending issues of the week.
Be sure and tune in for all the latest policing updates !!
If you see anything suspicious, please report to Greystones Garda Station 6665800.
Garda Confidential Number 1800 666 111
Greystones Garda Station 666 5800
EPA Noise Pollution 1890 20 20 21
Crimestoppers 1800 25 00 25
Traffic Watch 1890 205 805
Dog Warden 0404 44873
Crime Victims Helpline 1850 211 407
Gardaí are sending round warnings about fraud.
Please do not reply or enter your debit or credit card details for custom fees.
Investment fraud is of particular concern, which is on the increase.
Investment frauds are a scam where criminals promise quick returns + steal money.
Do not respond to pop up ads which appear on social media.
If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
Never, ever, disclose your bank account passwords or codes.
Never allow anyone remote access to your computer.
Always seek independent financial and legal advice before investing.
Be careful or you could lose a lot of money.
Wicklow County Council|Spring Into Heritage
Events and publications from WCC Heritage Office, supported by Healthy Ireland
- “Spring Into Heritage” Bucket List helps you to get outdoors.
- “Wildlife in Wicklow Gardens” poster has tips for common garden wildlife
- “Gardening for Biodiversity colouring books from Juanita Browne.
These publications are available from email@example.com.
Or download from www.wicklow.ie.
30 March 2021
Greystones Municipal District Monthly Meeting
The public and the media are now able to attend GMD Zoom meetings.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special link to the Zoom meeting.
Latest time for booking meeting link is 12 pm on the day of the meeting.
Meeting will begin at 7:30 pm.
Details of Zoom meeting procedures below.
On the Agenda:
- Receive presentation form Roads & Transportation Staff.
- Update on Greystones Harbour Marina.
- Report from GMD Engineer.
- Report on Killincarrig Village improvement works.
- Consider allocation of 2021 Estate Development Funding.
- Update on community facilities at Glenheron development.
- Discuss issues with dog fouling in the district.
- Update on Delgany to Blacklion cycleway and road.
- Motion to secure additional resources for District summer bin collections.
Procedures for Greystones Municipal District Zoom Meetings
- Members of the public and media may be present at a remote meeting of Greystones Municipal District.
- Attendees must comply with Greystones Municipal District Standing Orders and Supplementary Standing Orders to Regulate Remote Meetings.
- Members of the media and public shall give prior notice of a request to join an online meeting of Greystones Municipal District.
- Requests must be emailed to Greystonesmd@wicklowcoco.ie no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting. A name and email address is required.
- The link to the meeting is for the recipient only and must not be forwarded on to any other person(s).
- Attendees must maintain silence and observe any directions given by the Cathaoirleach or by an official of the Council. Microphones must be kept on mute at all times.
- Members of the public and the media do not have the right to speak, any interruptions or endeavours to interrupt will result in the remote connection being terminated.
- No recording of the meeting and its proceedings by any person in attendance (elected members, media or members of the public) is permitted.
Bray Area Partnership|Parents Plus Parenting Adolescents
Programme will start in the late spring.
Suitable for parents and people caring for adolescents aged 11 to 16.
Including those with additional needs such as ADHD.
Topics include getting to know and connecting with your teacher.
And communicating positively and effectively.
Participants will also learn about building your teen-ager’s self esteem and confidence.
Negotiating rules and boundaries and teaching teenagers responsibly.
Course is evidence based, will last for six weeks and is free.
Please sign up at www.brayareapartnership.ie.
WCC Community Awards Scheme 2021
Grants are for community groups and local organisations undertaking community projects.
Maximum grant of €500 for small projects and group running costs.
One application only per group.
Applications from www.Wicklow.ie.
Queries to Office of Community, Cultural and Social Development at WCC.
Deadline is Friday, 23 April 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Late applications will not be considered.
WCC Community Monuments Fund|Grants Available
Grants are available to support Wicklow’s built heritage.
Local monuments and archaeological sites to be supported.
Private applicants or community groups who are owners or custodians of monuments can apply.
Information on eligible monuments is available from www.archaeology.ie.
Application forms available from www.wicklow.ie/latestnews.
Application forms to be returned to email@example.com.
Or, Community Monument Fund Application, Planning Section, WCC County Buildings, Wicklow.
Deadline is 12 April 2021.
Queries to Deirdre Burns, Heritage Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Figures are up once again for COVID-19 in Greystones Local Electoral Area.
National figures are up as well.
More work needed to reduce our figures for next week !!