The Wicklow Mental Health Association are holding a ‘5 Steps To Well-Being Walk & Talk Mental Health’ in collaboration with Healthy Ireland at the Coillte Forest Park in Rathdrum this Sunday at 3pm.
The walk is free to attend and will mark World Mental Health Day which also takes place on Sunday.
The Learn part will be a talk on nature, the Take Notice part will be about the benefits of woodland for human health and forest bathing, the Be active part will be walking for a healthy heart, the Connect part will be for our conversations and the Give part will be for us to provide drinks and fruit and healthy bars.
The walk will be informative teaching attendandees about the benefits of natures for our physical and mental health. It feature five steps:
- Learn: An educative talk on nature.
- Take Notice: Benefits of woodland for human health and forest bathing.
- Be Active: Walking for a healthy heart
- Connect: Connecting with others through conversation
- Give: Drinks, fruit and healthy snacks will be provided.