Wicklow County Council, County Buildings, Wicklow: Christmas opening hours Monday 20th to Thursday 23rd December 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm, public offices will be closed between Friday 24th and Wednesday 29th December inclusively. The Central Customer Service area will facilitate members of the public by appointment presenting for Housing, where possible.
Motor taxation should be renewed online at www.motortax.ie or submitted by post. Motor tax Office will be closed between Friday 24th and Wednesday 29th Dec and between Friday 31st Dec and Monday 4th of January.
Revenue Cash desk will close at 12.30 on Friday 31st December. Planning applications can also be submitted by post. If attending, members of the public will be required to wear Face Coverings at all times in order to minimise the risk of the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Municipal District Offices: The Municipal District offices at Greystones, Arklow, Wicklow and Baltinglass/Blessington are open Christmas opening hours Monday 20th to Thursday 23rd December 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm, public offices will be closed between Friday 24th and Wednesday 29th December inclusively, Bray Municipal District Office is open Christmas opening hours Monday 20th to Thursday 23rd December 10.00am to 12.00pm and 2.00pm to 3.00pm, public offices will be closed between Friday 24th and Wednesday 29th December inclusively.
Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk: The Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk remains partially closed, it is safe to walk from Bray along the Cliff Walk as far as Windgates steps. From there walkers can take the alternative Bray Head Looped Trail, which can be quite challenging or return on the Cliff Walk back to Bray. The Greystones side of the Cliff Walk is extremely dangerous and is closed in certain spots. The Council continues to assess and has put in place measures for the short-term protection of the public and are actively pursuing an alternative route for the sections of the walk which are currently closed due to erosion. The patience and co-operation of the public is appreciated during this partial closure.
Christmas Parking Arrangements – Two hours free parking
Wicklow County Council are delighted to support local business and members of the public by providing two hours free parking in Wicklow, Arklow and Greystones.
- Wicklow Town – Two hours free Christmas parking in all Pay and Display Parking areas in Wicklow town from Tuesday 23rd November to Saturday, 1st January 2022.
- Greystones – Two hours free parking on the following Saturdays – Saturday 4th , 11th and 18th of December
- Arklow – Two hours Free Christmas parking in Council owned car parks in Arklow town for the Christmas period – running from Wednesday 1st December to Monday 3rd January 2022 inclusive. Free all-day parking will continue as usual at the weekend. Pay and display will remain as normal in Main Street, Lower Main Street, Upper Main Street and the Wexford Road.
- Bray – Free parking will be on Saturdays 4th, 11th, 18th of December ONLY, for the month of December in Herbert Road Car Park Only.
Re-opening Business: Outdoor tables and chairs licensing under Section 254, to support social distancing for business to re-open, is extended to 30th June 2022 and valid Section 254 licenses will need to be applied for to cover this extended period.
Housing Services, Bray Municipal District: Members of the public are asked to make contact in advance at email@example.com or by telephoning (01) 2744900 if they wish to make an appointment to meet with a member of the housing staff in the Bray Municipal District Offices.
• All libraries fully operational
• Study spaces available for public use. Individual screens in place for extra safety
• CO2 monitors installed in each library, for public safety and reassurance
• Public access PCs available for use.
• Class visits with pods of 6 or less with prior arrangement.
• Events of 7+ require all attendees to show proof of vaccination against Covid 19
• Printing and photocopying services available.
• Newspapers and magazines are now available in socially distanced areas
Libraries will continue to advise and expect visitors to the library to wear a face covering.
Members of the public can contact our offices via the following numbers/email addresses:
|Wicklow County Council, County Buildings, Wicklow.||Telephone|
|Customer Service||0404 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Local Enterprise Office (LEO)||0404 email@example.com|
|Motor Taxation (Motor taxation can be renewed online and or posted to County Buildings for processing.)||0404 20100 for Motor tax firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Revenue||0404 20128 for Revenue queries||Revenue@wicklowcoco.ie|
|Municipal District Offices||Contact numbers|
|Bray Municipal District||01 email@example.com|
|Arklow Municipal District||0402 42700||Arklowmunicipaldistrict@wicklowcoco.ie|
|Greystones Municipal District||01 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Baltinglass Municipal District||045 891222||baltinglassMD@wicklowcoco.ie|
|Blessington Office||045 email@example.com|
|Tinahely Office||0402 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wicklow Municipal District||0404 email@example.com|
Recycling Facilities at Bray, Wicklow, Arklow, Avoca and Rampere remain open this Saturday and on weekdays. Further details are available on the Council’s Website.
Your Local Enterprise Office: The LEO is the first stop shop for business supports and offers a range of supports to business including training, mentoring, answering customs queries and access to funding. For more information on these supports please see: https://www.localenterprise.ie/Wicklow/.
Please call 0404 30800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation and make an appointment for a free confidential one to one business advice session.
Wicklow County Council would like to thank members of the public in advance for their patience and understanding. The safety of our employees and members of the public remains our priority. Measures will be kept under review in accordance with Government announcements.
Further information in relation to all Wicklow County Council Services are available on the Council’s website: www.wicklow.ie.