The former Veha site on the Murrough in Wicklow Town has gone on sale and is expected to sell for over €7 million.
The 7.57 acre site is for sale by tender with Vincent Finnegan Commercial who say the site has the potential for 450 homes.
The Veha factory closed in 2005.
The Finnigan website posted
The Murrough represents an exciting development opportunity in a stunning Sea & Riverfront location minutes walk from the harbour and Wicklow town centre with its host of retail, educational and recreational amenities. The site is zoned mixed use with allowed uses including, residential, hotel, employment and retail. Wicklow is a scenic fast growing town with excellent rail and road commuter links, just 25 minutes from the M50. This property offers the chance to create a landmark development in a truly unique location.
• Approximately 19,443.5 m2/209,289 ft2 of warehouse and office accommodation
• Potential for in excess of 450 residential units SPP
• Zoned mixed use (designated part of the Murrough opportunity Area)
• Stunning sea and riverside location Minutes walk from the town centre
• 5 Minute walk from the train station – direct rail links to Dublin
• Greystones 20km, Bray 25km, M50 31km
• Close to a host of coastal amenities and the Dublin Mountains.