A Co Wicklow wedding venue is among the winners at this year’s inaugural Wedding Venue Awards 2021.
The awards, which are run by SaveMyDay.ie, showcase and celebrate the best Irish wedding venues and special places and spaces to say ‘I Do’ and host big or more intimate days.
Among the winners in the award’s 15 categories was The Wicklow Escape, which was formally known as the Elbowroom Escape.
Guests who stay at the location have the luxury of a hot tub under the stars, breakfast in bed, a guided walk in their forest, a picnic lunch, and a five-course tasting menu with wine pairings.
The Wedding Venue Awards described The Wicklow Escape as a “perfect fit” for an intimate wedding with exquisite food in a stylish venue secluded in nature.
“Their sustainable and zero waste ethos is at the heart of everything they do and that includes always supporting their local community,” a spokesperson for the awards said.
“Other features include both indoor and outdoor ceremony options, exclusive hire, full bar and accommodation for up to 26 sleeping overnight. For dining and evening parties the venue holds 38 indoors and 50 in the summer outdoors.”
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Best Boutique Hotel Wedding Venue 2021 is The Dean, Dublin
- Best Castle Wedding Wedding Venue 2021 is Clontarf Castle
- Best Ceremony Wedding Venue 2021 is Dublin City Hall
- Best City Wedding Venue 2021 is The River Lee
- Best Country House Wedding Venue 2021 is Dunowen House
- Best Cultural Wedding Venue 2021 is MoLI, Museum of Literature Ireland
- Best Eco Wedding Venue 2021 is The Wicklow Escape
- Best Exclusive Wedding Venue 2021 is Mountain View
- Best Historic Wedding Venue 2021 is The Abbey Wedding & Events Venue
- Best Intimate Wedding Venue 2021 is No.25 Fitzwilliam Place
- Best Large Hotel Wedding Venue 2021 is Langton’s Hotel, Kilkenny
- Best Outdoor Wedding Venue 2021 is Ballintubbert Gardens & House
- Best Restaurant Wedding Venue 2021 is 10 Bridge Street
- Best Waterside Wedding Venue 2021 is Jacks Coastguard Restaurant