Wicklow Fine Gael Minister Simon Harris TD has welcomed the announcement by Swim Ireland of over €97,000 in funding for eight Wicklow Swimming Pools.
Minister Harris said:
“This funding allocation is an acknowledgement of the importance of the sector and the impact swimming has on the nation’s health. The funding forms part of a package of supports Swimming Pool operators have received due to the impact of the pandemic on their operations”.
The eight facilities to receive funding are:
- Coral Leisure Arklow Ltd €11,989.55
- Coral Leisure Wicklow Ltd €15,750.98
- Druids Glen Hotel Leisure Centre €6,935.13
- Powerscourt Hotel Resorts and Spa €11,636.91
- Shoreline Leisure Bray €19,042.22
- Shoreline Leisure Greystones €17,866.78
- The Bay Health & Leisure Club, Arklow Bay Hotel €8,345.67
- The Royal Hotel & Merrill Leisure Club €5,759.68
Minister Harris continued:
“I am delighted that Swim Ireland, Ireland Active, Sport Ireland and Government have all worked together to support pool operators and recognising the important role they play in helping to deliver and provide swimming opportunities across County Wicklow.
A key priority for me is to expand access to swimming pool facilities across Wicklow and I look forward to Wicklow County Council’s forthcoming collaboration with Swim Ireland to deliver a portable pool to West Wicklow this autumn as part of the wider strategy to deliver a permanent municipal swimming pool for West Wicklow. ”