Purple House Cancer Support Centre are holding a free talk on Food, Nutrition and Cancer with Registered Dietitian Dr. Mary Flynn on 11am Friday 24th June at Purple House in Bray.
All Welcome, but registration essential at www.purplehouse.ie (https://www.purplehouse.ie/information-talk-food-nutrition-and-cancer-with-dr-mary-flynn/)
Based on research from the World Cancer Research Fund, Mary will describe:
· the countless different foods that can be part of healthy eating
· how it’s never a problem if you don’t like certain foods – there are always others that are equally good
· how cancer can affect our food habits (taste changes, nausea, weight loss or weight gain, overwhelming tiredness….
· how flexibility is key to healthy eating in the long-term – rigorous diets never work!
· how there’s a never-ending choice of foods, prepared in a wide variety of ways, can be part of the healthy eating plan that’s best for you!
In addition to the effects of cancer, people have very different nutritional needs depending on their age, gender and life-stage so finding a healthy eating pattern that best suits you (and your life!) is very individual.
In Purple House we know how some of the best insight we get on protecting ourselves from cancer comes from learning from each other.
So do come and help Purple House develop a food and nutrition service that meets your needs – group sessions on nutrition for different life stages, on weight issues, preparing meals and recipe swops, individual sessions.
All welcome- Free event!