Gardaí will team up with Irish Rail to patrol a number of its services in Wicklow in order to prevent and detect anti-social behaviour.
The project, which has been named’Twin Tracks’, will see gardaí patrol the DART, Luas and eight inter-city rail routes.
One of the eight InterCity routes that will be patrolled is the line between Wicklow and Wexford, incorporating Bray, Greystones, Wicklow, Rathdrum, Arklow, Gorey, Enniscorthy, Wexford, and Rosslare stations.
The key objectives are:
• To ensure public safety by addressing anti-social behaviour
• Protecting life and property
• To engage with the public and provide crime prevention advice
• To support Irish Rail and Transdev Ireland personnel in tackling these issues
• Vindicating the human rights of each individual
• Preventing crime, bringing criminals to justice, through the detection and investigating of crime, and improving rail safety.