Purple House Cancer Support will be running the Stanford Cancer Thriving & Surviving Programme starting Tuesday 20th September 2022 (6.30pm-9.30pm) for 6 Weeks in person at Purple House, and from Tuesday 21st February 2023 (2-4.30pm) for 6 Weeks in person at Purple House
This is a self-management programme for Cancer survivors (3 months post treatment) with the aim of improving your quality of life to better manage your daily health.
The Programme is a six week self management programme which consists of 2.5 hours per session. The Programme was developed by Stanford University and will be facilitated in Purple House by one of our professional Counsellors and a volunteer who has personal experience of Cancer.
The topics on the course include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain & isolation & poor sleep
- Living with uncertainty
- Exercises for maintaining & improving strength, flexibility & endurance
- Making decisions about treatment and complimentary therapies.
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, & health professionals
- Nutrition & healthy eating
Places are free, to sign up please visit purplehouse.ie or call us on 01-2866966