The Land Development Agency has launched its first cost rental offering to the market in Archers Wood, Delgany, Co. Wicklow in partnership with Cairn Homes.
In total, 142 homes in this north Wicklow location will be open for application, with 48 two and three-bedroom duplexes in the first phase and 94 one-bed apartments to follow in phase two in early 2023.
The homes are described in detail on the LDA website. Boasting A2 energy ratings, ergonomic kitchen units, built-in wardrobes and a design that claims to be future-proofed, you could be left asking ‘What’s the catch?’
The criteria would appear to be straight forward enough and the process of application is online only.
- Your net household income is below €53,000 per annum
- You are not in receipt of any social housing supports (including Rent Supplement or HAP)
- You do not own a property
- Your household size matches the size of the property advertised (All members of the household must be living in Ireland at time of applying.)
- You can afford to pay the cost rent for the home
- Your household has only entered one application for a specific cost rental property
There are no less than seven primary schools in the area as well as four secondary schools including Temple Carrig, Saint David’s Holy Faith and SEK International School. There are soccer, rugby, GAA, tennis, swimming, badminton and athletics clubs within the surrounding area, as well as numerous gyms and an incredible selection of golf courses at Druid’s Glen, Greystones and Delgany. You can also take advantage of the nautical location and go sea swimming or sailing.
If you are commuting to work or popping into Dublin, Archers Wood is extremely well connected to the capital. It’s minutes from Greystones station which is serviced by both Dart and fast Intercity trains. The 84 and 184 bus routes serving Greystones, Bray and Blackrock stop right beside the development.
Within the development there will be a high quality playground in addition to tennis and basketball courts and a community sports field on the northern edge of the development, as well as a parkland with wildflower meadows and woodland copses.